Friday, September 29, 2006
Ramuan - ramuannya:
1/2 kilo daging lembu batang pinang (dihiris kecil)
3 ulas bawang putih (ditumbuk halus)
sedikit halia tua sebesar ibu jari (ditumbuk halus)
2 sudu kecil serbuk kunyit
sedikit garam dan ajinomoto
1 ulas bawang besar (hiris bulat)
3 sudu besar minyak masak
Panaskan minyak masak dalam kuali. Tumiskan bawang putih dan halia sehingga kekuningan. Masukkan daging, serbuk kunyit, garam, dan ajinomoto, and kacau sehingga daging empuk. Masukkan bawang besar, dan kacau sehingga bawang layu.
1. Sekiranya sukakan sedikit warna dalam masakan, bolehlah tambahkan kacang panjang yang dipotong panjang 2" dan hirisan cili merah (dibuang biji), bersama dengan bawang besar tadi.
2. Sekiranya menggunakan daging biasa, bukan batang pinang (murah sikit), rebuskan daging selama 1 jam sebelum masak.
Sedap dimakan bersama: nasi yang panas, sambal belacan dan timun.
Monday, September 25, 2006
2 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon castor sugar
1/2 cup milk
1. Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl. Add sugar, and using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Make a well in the center.
2. Whisk together milk and egg and pour into the well, and mix to a soft dough. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead lightly.
3. Press dough out to 2cm thick, and using a 5cm diameter cutter, cut out the scones. DO NOT TWIST THE CUTTER WHILE CUTTING. This will ensure the scone will rise as shown in illustration, as it should be.
4. Grease and lightly flour baking tray. Arrange scones close together and brush top with a little milk.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 220oC, until golden.
1. If cutter is not available, just use a cup. Lightly flour the cup before cutting.
2. Eat it while its HOT!
Yummy With: Butter, Cream and Strawberry Jam
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Does anyone feel like doing charity today? This charity drive needs only about RM900, and you very sweet, charitable people will not only make any particular being happy, but ME! I'm in love.....with a K610i that is sleek and light, has the perfect sexy colour (red!), with 3G, camera 2.0 Mpix, Bluetooth, and MP3. Cun gel (Batu, I pinjam trademark naa) and I think I HAVE to get it. Anyone can check it out, and anyone would agree that its NICE (Ariff's trademark laks) and affordable for a 3G.
My only problem is that, for all you out there who doesn't know me, I NEVER buy tech savvy things. I don't even have a CD player , which even my babe sis has, and of course not even MP3 Players, let alone MP4 Players, which I know of its existance thanks to, again, my babe sis (and I call myself an engineer...cikai tol). Actually, its a matter of old pride I guess, of buying only basics, and go for its workability. And come to think of it, I won't even be using much of the 3G, Bluetooth yada yada...But this tempatation is too great. Let's see how long I can withstand this wanting for technology. Next in line of technology checking-out would be a laptop. This weekend's project! Low Yatt Plaza here I come?
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Heya peeps...Checkout Olyn and More...Yeah, I know its typical if you know me very well (pink and all) but this is MY blog and I could do whatever I want with it...Hehe...Let's see...I've been checking out you bloggers out there, and I've come out with an idea of making this blog actually work for me...As some already know, I love to cook...So I'm going to share what I could make, for you in KL, by offering you my service of catering. Yummy English and Malaysian dishes that will make your mouth water. I'll also post up some simple recipes that you could make at your own home. Checkout my next blog for illustrations.
For now, no pictures yet, but to let you guys know what's cooking:
Shepherd's Pie (Old English)
Baked Macaroni (Malaysian style)
Grandma's Traditional Butter Cake
Baked Pasta with White Sauce
Sandwiches (Eggs / Chicken / Sardine / Tuna)
If anyone has any other cravings besides the ones I've posted, do let me know. Its kinda early morning for me to come up with the whole list, but what I've listed so far are the ones that I've sold to happy customers.