2 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon castor sugar
1/2 cup milk
1. Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl. Add sugar, and using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Make a well in the center.
2. Whisk together milk and egg and pour into the well, and mix to a soft dough. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead lightly.
3. Press dough out to 2cm thick, and using a 5cm diameter cutter, cut out the scones. DO NOT TWIST THE CUTTER WHILE CUTTING. This will ensure the scone will rise as shown in illustration, as it should be.
4. Grease and lightly flour baking tray. Arrange scones close together and brush top with a little milk.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 220oC, until golden.
1. If cutter is not available, just use a cup. Lightly flour the cup before cutting.
2. Eat it while its HOT!
Yummy With: Butter, Cream and Strawberry Jam