Moving Home

We are currently in the midst of packing and moving smaller items we could move to the new home. The big move will be done in a couple of weeks. I want to believe that this will be our forever home, but I still wish for something bigger, or maybe more private; perhaps like a single story bungalow. Like those I found near the office.

The reason for this house was solely for Mom; she needs the care and attention more from us, more so now that my sister has gone off for her studies in Australia. Deep in my heart, I have a feeling that she will be migrating there for good. Hence why I think it is only best that we stayed close, while she is alive and well. A cousin reminded me of how lucky I am to have such an understanding husband, for which I am so grateful everyday. Though he grunts and huffs while we pack, at the end of the day, he will be the one lifting everything into place, making sure I don't carry things that could jeopardize my womb and fragile back. Mom would remind me endless to remind him to help.

Mom. I wish she could see for herself how well her son in law is taking care of me. I wish she could see how much work he's put into this move, and all this for her. I wish she could be more trusting. I wish she could be less judgmental about what and how he is. I wish she could share some of the love she has for us, with him. I wish she wouldn't criticise him so much whenever I accidentally tell her of rather negative stories of us. It makes me remorseful of myself and her.

Anyway...going back into the positive. I love our current home. But I think I will love our new home even more. Its landed. We will have a garden in the front, and a backyard for my herbs garden and laundry. We will have 3 large bedrooms and a larger kitchen. So all in all, despite the hardship, we hope for greener pastures and that we will be happier here. We hope for better things to happen to us here. We hope to be healthier here, since we have direct access to the world to walk or jog on. And we hope for more time with Mom and that she would be happier with us conveniently nearby.

Comments

Popular Posts