London!!

London...this was my third time here since my 3 months in England...and I still get to see things for its first time...this time, the major events were the Winter Wonderland and London Boxing Day!! at Oxford Circus...

I went with Ada and Shabz this time...all thanks to my hard earned pay...we stayed at Aldgate East, with Ada's friends, who were the most gracious hosts I've ever met...during this stay, I learnt 2 things...jemaah Subuh (yes, I've never done one my entire life, except during orientation, which was a forced thing) and the meaning of welcoming unknown sisters to your home, even though you have plenty others under one roof...during our stay, there were about 18 others in the house...murah rezeki my hosts...

We went on 24th...put down our bags at Aldgate, bid hello to all in the house, and we started our trip to London...since its first time for both Ada and Shabz, I brought them to Westminster, so that we could cover quite a lot in one stop...I also wanted them to get used to reading the maps, so they'd be independent when I'm not around...then we went to good ol' Bayswater for prayers and lunch at Oodle Noodle...yummmm...then I bid them goodbye, and headed for my London MARA friends at Winter Wonderland! We had soo much fun on the rides and had many many chats with the friends that came along...Ada and Shabz joined us later during the day and enjoyed themselves too :) For dinner...we had halal KFC at Aldgate...yummmmmm

Second day...was Christmas! So we were all set out on foot to the Tower Bridge and Tower Palace...just about 10mins walks from home...was simply awesome...we walked on to London Bridge, headed back home for prayers and such, and headed back out to check out the most interesting looking tower...the 30th St Mary St Tower (which we renamed Egg Tower) Had the best dinner at Red Dragon...a Chinese buffet at Aldgate, to show our appreciation to the host...

Third day was the start of Boxing Day!! I managed to wake up at 5.15am, woke up the others and headed out right after Subuh...the sucky part was that the tubes were all down due to the Tube Strike, so we had to wait till 7am for the first bus to come...and this was after walking all the way to Liverpool St (about 30min walk from home) We were pretty surprised at how little people were at Oxford at 7+am, and our first target was House of Fraser...and the shopping began! I think if I continued past 4 that day, I'd ended up with broken ankles...we went home crazy exhausted that we slept from 6pm till the next morning...hehe...

Fourth day...second session f Boxing day at Harrods and John Lewis on Oxford...I got the oh-so-famed plastic bags from Harrods and a little something for my future baby...I can always hope right...no wrong in that...went back home that night, feeling sated and happy :) Now comes study week!

Comments

Popular Posts