so serious...

having been brought up with respect for elders, im quite appalled at how people here lack of it...not the locals, unfortunately, but the malaysians here...

alhamdulillah, i am surrounded by well-educated people here, in the matters of islam...most of them are 10 years younger, but having the knowledge beyond my years...but im disappointed, however, that this comes with the flaw of no or little respect of my 'lowly being'...i believe, though it may be that i do ask for your opinion or advice in certain matters of life, there is still a limit as to how you should address me, as an elder, nevertheless...as usual, i dont ask for much...

when you see me, say salam...i thot that's part of being a good muslim? why do you expect me to say it everytime? and why do you have to act like you didnt see me? im not exactly small...i think even the blind could see me...

when i say something, be it stupid, just be nice about it...maybe you don't get my simple jokes, but you dont have to take everything so seriously...

thats another thing i notice...i dont believe islam asks its believers to be so serious...life is short on earth, and i believe we should always remember to balance and do everything in moderation...when someone is teasing in a good way (not la saying...hoi fatty...if i ever got that, next thing youll see is my fist in your face!), at least smile politely or laugh...

i had a mug when i was younger...it reminds me to...

live a little,
laugh a little,
cry a little,
and smile always..

at age 20+, if you cant even take a simple lame joke...i wonder how itll be like when you reach another decade...life is complicated kids...kick back, take a breather and get a life...

Comments

Popular Posts