I created this out of things that I have at home. Just felt like cooking today, after a few series of Nigella Feasts in the morning, and I was in a lazy Saturday mood, so going out and shopping for groceries is certainly out of the question. I had recently updated my Italian spices that I buy at Bagus Store for Bakers, and had a tingling taste for Italian today. So I present, my very own Fusion Baked Maggi. Yummy and very easy to make.
3 packets Maggi
3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 packet of hot dogs, cut into chunks
2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
2 large onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cheddar cheese slices for topping, cut into triagles
1. Marinate chicken and sausages with pepper, oregano and thyme. Heat olive oil, and saute onions and half of garlic till golden. Add in the marinated chicken and sausages, and stir till chicken is slightly golden but still juicy.
2. Add in tomatoes, more pepper, thyme, oregano and salt. Stir till juice from tomatoes thickens. Place in a baking dish, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, soak Maggi with hot water, till almost soft. Drain water and leave aside in a bowl.
4. Melt butter in a pan, and fry the remaining garlic till golden brown. Pour over Maggi, and toss with a dash of oregano and salt. Set aside.
5. In a bowl, beat the eggs, salt, milk and flour together. Pour half of this custard batter onto the chicken mixture in the baking dish. Make sure custard is distributed evenly between the chicken mixture. Top all this with the tossed Maggi, and pour in the remaining custard. Press the Maggi slighly, to ensure that all are covered with the custard.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in a 180 o Celcius oven. In the final 10 minutes, arrange cheese on top, and bake further. Let it set for 10 minutes before serving.
1. Make sure Maggi is not over-soaked, coz it will get too soggy when covered with custard.
2. This is a very rich tasting dish, so for a wholesome meal, have it with salad and a simple olive oil and lemon dressing.