About a Cupcake

KL was taken by the cupcake storm recently, and still is, so much so that a Cupcakery was actually born out of this insanity. I was driving alone, all over Mutiara Damansara, trying to make up my mind, to either go shopping (and risk being broke) in Ikea; there's always something to buy there...OR just go in and out of the shops in the Curve; or you'd call it window shopping. Anyway, I suddenly found myself gaping at a Cupcakery, and you'd ask, what the heck is that? Obviously, its a shop selling cupcakes (WOW!) and the shop is very very pretty...the font kinda reminds me of Delicious by Ms Read, and the overall concept is definitely Big Apple Donuts. With this, I got my answers, and parked straight into the Curve, and went stomping into the Cupcakery.

Cupcake Chic is definitely a must-go, but not necessarily a must-try (get what I mean?) They have so many flavors, I had pretty much spent about 10 minutes trying to choose my four cuppies (and they change their menu on occasion). They sell at RM4.50 apiece, pricey, but I guess if you have to calculate what you pay to get the shoplot they get, it's understandable, and the size is definitely an OK factor as well (unlike the ones you find at the Apartment; size - small, price - big) The big HOWEVER, however, is the taste. Quite disappointing after paying RM18 for such simple looking cuppies with very huge names. I chose the Belgian Choc (cake is dry), Mudcake (was told it was rich - not!mud..indeed...), Peaches and Cream (1 slice of peach..hmmm...) and Chocolate Cuppie with Cheese topping (I like the topping, as for the cake, please refer to the Belgian Choc review).. I can't recall the names of the cuppies (very cute names which would definitely put a smile to your face) All in all, I'd recommend everyone to try them out, but I'd like to know what you think of them as well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have tried the on cloud nine, its actually my fav and it is mud cake, do you even know whats a mud cake...Have you ever tried a mud cake before???i am wondering if you have???coz what cupcake Chic offers is deff mud cake, you can tell even by the weight of it...anyway the fatal attraction is the best seller so i heard...so if you wanna make a review on cupcakes try to get a few types and compare...Cupcake Chic is deff the BEST...Thanks though...
olyn said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
olyn said…
honey, mudcake does not taste like that.i don't taste the butter, i dont taste the cocoa, i dont taste the coffee (this is sometimes optional, so i rest my case for now), and to be very honest, i dont even taste the sugar. maybe i got the worse of the lot (my bad luck) i have tasted mudcake and i've even baked mudcake, a passdown recipe from an aunt. its weight does not judge whether its mudcake or just plain choc cake..you also have to judge by its texture and definitely richness in taste..to be fair, however, i'll try fatal attraction, for your sake, jen jon..and yeah, maybe i judged them too soon, but i assume that if they can't even bake a decent classic butter cupcake, i may as well not try others..my bad..thanks anyway..

Popular Posts